The past couple months I've been putting in time to update and improve some old code I wrote to process these weird videos I've been shooting. The project is an ongoing one - it's about capturing phasing light patterns that are around us all of the time, but often go unnoticed. As a drummer I love watching these blinking light patterns, and have been searching for a way to show them off. The project is called Found Rhythms.
At the center is an alternative field recording tool, which at this point is a C++ based program I wrote in Open Frameworks. The output is both an audio recording of these phasing patterns, and also a visual score of sorts.